Tuesday 16 October 2012

DREAMS.

When i was in primary school, i dreamt to be a teacher. 
And when i was in secondary school, i dreamt to be a lawyer.
(Believe it or not, haha.)

As i grew older, i realized these dreams aren't exactly "dreams."
They were more of perceptions i got from these occupations.
Like if you're a lawyer, you get to black those suits and argue in court, and i kinda like the freedom of speech, getting to the bottom of things, and how cool i thought it'd be.
Don't ask me how i landed here, cos somehow along the way, i just landed at where i am today.
I'm holding on to a job i never once thought about until i was 25, and i'm holding on to a dream i never once had.

Most parents will want their children to have a 9-5 job, one which provides a stable source of income, bonuses and what not. But I'm thankful my parents have given me the freedom to pursue what i want. They have never forced me to look for a proper day job even when i graduated, and when i told them i'm gonna do full-time at TCL, they never really questioned much. All they said was if i think it's a worthy try, go ahead.

People ask me what made me quit my previous job to go into full-time at TCL.
It wasn't the courage to ditch my 3.5 years job which paid me decently and with tons of ALs and awesome bonuses, a job which i somewhat had a love-hate relationship with, a familiar environment i thought i could stick by it for a long long time, but it was the "want" to bring TCL to greater heights.
Only then will TCL grow, i had thought so then.
And i haven't regretted the decision since then. :)

Feeling inspiration this morning, simply cos i saw a quote.
"You decide who you are, not the society."
How true. 

It's never too late to follow your heart, to follow your dreams :)
Have a blessed week ahead babes! :)

Love,
Bree





1 comment:

  1. Hello Brianna (:

    I happened to come across your blog and read this post! I thought it is really a meaningful post! I am currently studying in a course in NUS which wasn't what I wanted. In fact, I was being forced by circumstances that I have to study it. It is a course that the career is rather fix, so you have to undertake that particular path.

    However, I adore freedom and I am thankful that my parents allow me to make my own decision. Although I have yet to graduate, unlike most of my peers who had already decided and signed contracts with their future companies, I have decided to take a gap year after graduation. Risky as it is, as many say that when I returned aft the gap yr the job market may not welcome me. However, I'd like to fulfill my dream of seeing the world outside singapore. Seeing what's exactly happening and what i've missed out. It is my bravest decision ever and I am going to travel around the world to help out at various voluntary organisations to help the people suffering the worst poverty, the needy, the disabled, the third world children and also participate in some animal rights program. I hope it turns out well and your post did inspire me. It further reassures me that I should just do it and not be bothered by others.

    Thank you!
    Love, Daph

    ReplyDelete