Sunday 10 November 2013

Trio of Happiness! :)

Was clearing photos from the ex2f camera when i found these photos! :)
A random lunch date with Melody some time back.

 
 
I often get asked how i got to know her, or why are we so close?
I got to know Mel through doing advertorials for TCL, and among work related stuffs, we had occasional small talks. Somewhere along the way, we found so so many similarities in each other and we even share the same birth date! How coincidental is that seriously? It can get quite scary at times how identical our thoughts and tastes are, but this is also quite incredible. 

So anyway, we decided to meet up and just at the first meet up, we talked for hours at a cafe. The boyf came to pick me up then and he was also amazed at how much we can talk despite it being the first meeting. I can talk about anything and everything with this her without holding back my deepest thoughts; this i call an affinity. She's a god sent gem and her friendship is a gift. <3

In you, i found a friend. Will never trade you and this bond for anything else in the world. 
Love you hatch day sista! <3

Salon Vim
Visited my hair sponsor after i returned from Europe to touch up my hair.
The turquoise had faded into a green i didn't quite like, so i requested Fiona my stylist to have all highlights in purple! :)

I was in a rush that day and didn't have time to cover the greens, before applying the new colors, but it still turned out gorgeous! I've been with salon vim for 9 months now and Fiona never fails to deliver! :)

I hardly post selfies on the blog but here's a chain of them, hahaa.
Pardon this as i really wanna share the colors of my hair!
I also did the new Kerastase treatment which helps strengthen and moisturize the hair, best of both worlds and exactly what i needed! It's been almost a month since the treatment and my hair still feels soft and hydrated! :)

For those who're concerned on the bleaching procedure to obtain this colors, i've only bleached my hair twice in my 9 months with them. Once at my first visit to get the ash highlights, and second at my 2nd last trip where i got purple and turquoise highlights. Since the first bleach, i've been using the same bleached highlights for new colors, so it actually isn't that harmful on the hair! :)

Salon Vim
 313 @Somerset Orchard Road #04-07/08/09 
S238895 
Tel: 68847757/ 68847767 

 Bugis 235/ 235A Victoria Street 
 S180027 
Tel: 68370073/ 68360045

Remember to quote my name "brianna" to enjoy 10% off all hair services! (:

The boyf also came along for his monthly hair cut!
Fiona gave him an extremely short cut since he hair grows out at an extremely fast rate! Is this the same for all guys i wonder? 

 Headed to Liang Seah Street for some errands and i finally tried Chong Qing Grilled Fish!
I have always seen how packed the restaurant in and have been wanting to try. Since it was lunch time, it wasn't as crowded as how it'd be at dinner, so we gave it a try! :)
For $30 you get a whole fish! You can opt for a larger one at $38.
You can choose the type of fish you prefer. There's the more common ones like sea bass and red snapper, as well as 1/2 others which i can't remember. Then you pick the flavor you want it cooked in; of each most were spicy base at different spice level. I think they are more popular for their spicy version, but i opted for the fermented black bean paste as i can't take too much spice. Lastly, you choose the sides you want in the fish! Sides are $3 i think and they had a huge variety. We chose the tofu! :)

It doesn't look much or photo worthy, but you are so wrong!
The fish was so fresh and tender i was taken aback honestly; wasn't expecting it. The sauce was also thick and came with a burst of flavors! I can only imagine how shiok the spicy one can be! Highly recommend a try if you haven't tried it yet!

Chong Qing Grilled Fish
1 Liang Seah Street #01-05/06 
Tel: 6333 9148 
Opening Hours:
Mon - Fri: 4pm - 2am 
Sat - Sun: 12pm - 2am


Nail Art Box
I haven't shared this before, but one of my girlfriends, Ivy own a home based nail salon! She's been doing this for almost a year now and i recently got her to do my nails cos the retail salons can't do it.

Gorgeous gorgeous foil nail art!
I super love the rich and vibrant colors on a black base, and this design is definitely unique and something that's not easily seen! :) 

Retail salons don't provide or can't do this as they do not have the nail foil needed to achieve this. 
Gorgeous right? :p

See how outstanding they are? Heh.

I visited her just a few days back as the nails had grown out. I'm a sucker for nail art and can never stand bare nails, or unsightly nails, so i get my nails done every 3 weeks or so! :)
You can see how much i love the foil nail and Ivy included it in this new set as well! :p I don't think i'll get sick of foil nails anytime soon. In fact i've already planned the next design (which is also a foil one!) and waiting for the charms Ivy ordered for me to arrive!

If you're interested to get your nails done, do contact Ivy.

Nail Art Box
Instagram: @nail_artbox
Contact: Ivy, 83826899
Location: West

I'm actually intrigued that i'm blogging more frequently in HK than i am when in Singapore.
Hurhurr.
We're heading for Dim Sum breakfast and Disneyland thereafter, can't wait! I can smell my awesome Sunday already! Be back again soon! :)


♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment